Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's all about the PEARS!


I just bought a dozen lucious pears from Costco, which made me remember that I haven't shared my needlepoint Pear ornament progress up here in a long time. I now have 5 of Kelly Clark's pears completed and ready for finishing. I cut around the pears since I was originally going to finish them myself, but then changed my mind.I will send these off to the finisher along with some ultra suede for backing, velvet leaves and trims to add a finished look. It will be oo late, I'm afraid, for this years tree, but by next year I will hopefully have the whole kit and kaboodle done. I plan on using them to decorate the garland in our living room.

My favorites to work on were the crazy quilted versions- the green and multicolored patchwork ones. They made me excited enough to ask my needlework store to order Kelly Clarks 8 by 8 crazy quilt painted canvas that will be available in January.You can see it on Kellys blog entry.

I have a collection of needlepoint and crazy quilted pillows in my living room and this one would be a beauty to add to it!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to check yours...your pair that is...self exams can save your life..trust me!!

    ReplyDelete