Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A look ahead to 2012

2012 is going to be one busy year. I have made some commitments to a few major projects that I want to focus on for the year. The first one is the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012. I am committing to making a crazy quilt block each month that is at least 6 by 6. I plan on turning the blocks i make into a larger quilt. While the design of the quilt is still just a twinkle in my eye, I know I want to try some "new to me" techniques. I want to do some stumpwork. I want to make I fan block (believe it or not, I never have!). I want to do more ribbonwork and silk ribbon embroidery. And I want to make more peacocks. Oh how I love them!

In conjunction with the Journal project I am going to be doing Take a Stitch Tuesday with Sharon Boggon at Pintangle. I was fortunate enough to be in a three day class with Sharon in Connecticut, and her stitching knowledge is extraordinary. How could I not? I am hoping to find ways of integrating these stitches into the crazy quilt block. (An idea stolen from one of my good friends Deb, who is also doing the Journal Project.)

Both of these programs are open to all...come join in the fun!

And as if that wasn't enough...I enrolled in Sue Spargo's BOM for 2012. I am in love with her work and wanted to do a wool piece. The colors in this piece are limey greens, and bright rosey pinks which fit in my bedroom, so how could I resist?

And what to do in my spare time each month (she laughs aloud!). I'm going to be finishing the 37 UFO projects I just counted. (I guess it's time to slink back into my cave and feel very very naughty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment